Hello, and welcome back to the blog that I’ll apparently update once every four weeks or so. Let’s also forget about that whole keto thing for a bit because I just. cannot. with it for the time being.
Here’s a sampling of what I did today:
- Stabbed myself in the eye with eyeliner
- Stabbed myself in the eye with mascara
- Fell in front of my office and twisted my ankle and now it’s like I’m nine months pregnant all over again with the swollen ankle
- …okay, I worked too, but that was all good stuff.
I didn’t exactly feel like dealing with a complicated meal today, so I improvised, and hey! It was super delish. You’ll need… maybe 15 minutes? for this easy Salmon with Chili-Lime Butter. I served it with green beans that were tossed in the butter after the salmon was finished.
- Salmon. Duh. (Sorry. I bought a 1lb filet and cut it into a 10 ounce piece and a 6 ounce piece. Get the kind with the skin on, not skinless.)
- 2T butter or ghee
- 2t chili pepper flakes
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Add salt and pepper to taste to both sides of the salmon; you could also dust the skin side with a little flour for extra crispiness.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter or ghee. Add the chili pepper; zest the lime, add the zest to the pan, and then squeeze the juice from the lime into the pan. Stir, and let cook for two minutes.
- Add the salmon to the pan skin side down; cook for 4-6 minutes or until the skin is crispy and light pink is creeping up the side of the salmon.
- Flip, and cook for another two minutes. I prefer my salmon on the medium-rare side, but if you like it more done, cook for a total of four minutes on the skinless side.
- Plate the salmon and drizzle the chili-lime butter over the top.
So easy! So good! And now I’m going to take some Advil and pout over not being able to fully work out for another couple of days.